About the project
YOUC project is aimed at young activists, youth workers, educators and organizations who want to promote the empowerment, initiative and civic participation of young people at risk of marginalization.
The project is based on a methodology and a set of tools to promote youth participation and active citizenship at the local level of young people in difficulty supported by groups of young activists and volunteers, as well as educators from associations in each partner country.
The whole project is divided into 3 intellectual productions, 4 learning activities and several multiplier events also as transversal activities (management, dissemination, quality assurance).
Objectives of the project
YOUC project supports the capacity building of youth leaders and educators by providing them with an effective methodology and tools to reach marginalized youth and involve them in local civic participation. For the same reason, the project focuses on the horizontal management of the professional development of youth workers.
YOUC aims to:
• Promote the activation of NEETs
• Improve the level of key competences and skills of young people, in particular the European key competence social and civic responsibility
• Promote the participation of young people in civil society
• Promote inclusion and solidarity
• A guide for the promotion of youth civic participation at the local level: this guide has different objectives, first of all to involve youth at risk and keep them involved, then to diagnose the needs of local communities, and finally to understand and cooperate with the local institutional context.
• A face-to-face training programme for YOUNG PEOPLE involved in civic participation projects: the program targets youth-at-risk and contains lesson plans and related materials that youth activists and educators can use to train and guide youth-at-risk involved in local change projects.
• An online training programme for activities and specialized educators on how to use the methodology and tools developed under the project : It targets youth activists and specialized educators who want to involve youth people in civic participation projects, with the goal of training more youth activists and educators.